Thursday, November 23, 2006

Conundrum

I was in Geneseo this past weekend. For several reasons, I cannot come back, as planned. I'll let you know why, if it is important to you.


I felt like part of my body died from being young again.

At home, I work, and I work, and that's about it. I hang out with my coworkers who are in their early to mid thirties. I love them, I drink and laugh and play darts with them, however once they find out that I'm twenty two, here comes the advice: "I remember when i was twenty two... you see the thing about being twenty two is..."

The thing about being twenty two is, I'm twenty two and they are not. I am in an adult world, which I am fine with and know how to exist in, but I miss being young happy.

This kind of happiness must explained in a way, as I think it is dictated by age. Young is breaking out of the gate and onto the top of a hill, spilling over and running down because our legs are moving so fast. And we laugh till we cry because it feels so good. I'll find myself at a party, or anywhere in a large group of people, and see my friends talking to each other and fall away from everything smiling. Singing, SINGING and dancing as if it were the best thing in life. We are young, we are earnest, and we are in love with...

As is the fashion of the young 'uns I've come up with a mix that feels like this. Let me know, and I will be happy to send it your way to let you know what I mean.


And SHIT! But if i didn't think I'd write about feelings on the internets. I can't say I'm happy about it, but I've been dancing around a lot of ideas that I wish would solidify a little bit better.

Keep dancing mes amis.

4 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understood, and I would love a mix like that. Please post the tracklist so I can download the songs onto my llave maya and be vicariously-from-Costa-Rica cool like you :)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Angela said...

To be honest - I am reworking this. It's become a process, but i will be sure to post the final results.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some Genese-angst and I dealt with it by coming up with a mix cd expressing "WGSU hits for Dan, 2002-03"

this cd has yet to hit the presses.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Mo said...

I am pretty convinced that the 9-5 may be eating my soul. It's a slow process, but it's definitely happening. When does adulthood stop feeling like we're playing a part and sink in? When will we be too old to drive somewhere and sleep on someone's floor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home